BUILDING THE FUTURE WITH STRENGTH FROM OUR PAST
The story of UZMAR commences in 1984 with the founding by Turkey's first privately owned pilotage and towage company of Senior Harbour Captain Altay Altuğ (Maritime College, 1952) to provide services to private sector ports and harbours in the Aegean Sea.
In 1996 UZMAR began building its own tugboats to expand its fleet achieving the highest quality construction with the potential to export them promptly.
By 2007 it was using modular serial production to manufacture tugboats at its new UZMAR Shipyard in The Kocaeli Free Zone.
Since the beginning UZMAR has followed the tradition and values of maritime excellence.
Today, UZMAR conducts 7600 Successful ship manoeuvres at the Aliağa and Akçansa Çanakkale Cement Plant harbours a year, while building and exporting 12 vessels of different types.